IBM is one of the few companies in this world which engages in empowering the knowledge of its end users. They are constantly innovating thereby adapting themselves to the ever-changing world. They invest heavily in the technology which includes the likes of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Block Chain, Machine Learning (ML), Data Science to name a few.
Why is this so important?
Technology has been the frontrunner across various sectors wherein it has helped not just the company which is deploying it but the entire Nation/World to reap the benefits that is arising out of it.
Consider the following examples:
1. Constructing a building with the help of 3-D Print technology. This has enhanced the speed and the capability of the engineers. The output is more accurate and appealing
2. Weather Forecasting. Unlike earlier, countries were able to predict the weather and its aftermath more accurately. This helps in averting major disaster by making the nation equipped with all the requirements to combat the storm/floods.
These are just couple of examples which flashed in my mind as soon as I thought about the usage of technology which augments the human life and behavior.
There is a famous saying “Change is Constant”. Since companies like IBM are in the Technology space, it comes to them naturally where they invest heavily on it. By doing this, they not only help themselves but the World as a whole. Speaking about technology and its uses, I am sure you would have come across their famous “Call for Code” campaign which sees some of the brightest minds from across the globe competing actively to prove their mettle and see them bagging the coveted title along with the cash prize of USD5,000. The theme for each year gets changed as per that particular year’s requirement and this year, the winner who bet on AI Farming has bagged the title. You could see more about this by clicking here
The ideas that were incubated found its light through this campaign which otherwise would have remained a dream. When you get a platform which only recognises your idea but also help you in achieving it, will you not be taking the first step to move towards it? Technology is playing a vital role wherein the developer could come out with most sustainable and actionable solutions for a greater support to the mankind.
Having discussed about all the above, we should also look into some ground level reality. Not all could afford to undertake courses to sharpen their skills due to their financial commitments or otherwise. To make this process simpler and affordable to all, IBM is also offering FREE Courses.
YES. You read it right!
They are offering courses on:
- 1. Cloud
- 2. Data Science Foundation
- 3. Python for Data Science
- 4. Deep Learning
- 5. Setting Up Your Own Chatbot
- 6. Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes and Open Shift
Doesn’t this sound interesting to you? If yes, all you need to do it to enroll yourselves by heading over to this website
IF you ask, why you need to do this and what is in it for you, consider these pointers.
- a. These courses are offered absolutely FREE of cost.
- b. These are self-paced courses which means you can progress at your own pace.
- c. Certification from IBM which is recognized globally.
- d. Empower yourself with the practical knowledge.
- e. Implement them and make your dream become a reality.
When there is such an opportunity available right in front of you, would you think twice to grab it? You do not get something of great value for FREE but when there is one, you need to grab it before it is gone. Do you agree with me?
Spend your holidays in a productive way by enhancing your skills with these beautifully curated courses.All you need to invest is just one important aspect – Your T-I-M-E.
Education is the quintessential requirement in everyone’s life. It is placed above everything. A person with a proper educational background can survive in any place irrespective of language, culture and creed. We are living in the testing times where even venturing out can put one’s life at risk. Having said that, we cannot stay put at home, all the time. We have seen Governments from all over the world actively promoting various aspects like Work from Home, Study from Home etc.,
Major corporations across the globe have asked their employees to work from home until June 2021. This highlights two aspects: 1. How serious this pandemic is. 2. The companies prioritizing the safety of their employees. I would say that there is no appropriate time than this to start preparing your kids to be tech savvy and make themselves equipped with all the knowledge that is available out there, through a proper channel.
I still remember, as a kid, traveling to various places to gain that knowledge which invariably resulted in wastage of time and money. Money which is lost could be earned at any time but NOT the time. Yes. I used to travel for at least an hour one way to get coached in Accountancy while I was in the 12th standard. Even though I scored almost 92% in my main subjects, if the travel and commute time was saved, I might have secured higher marks. The same goes with my graduation preparation. I secured a University Rank in 1 subject but if I had saved the time I wasted to travel to the coaching/tuition centre, this might have been 2 or 3 subjects.
Travel exhausts most of your energy and by the time you reach the place, you may not have that josh which you had when you started from your home. Moreover, your attention may also be diverted due to the presence of your friends in the classroom. Do note that I am not against the coaching centre but expressing my opinion as to what may not work in your favour.
Do you get a one-on-one attention?
These places will usually have big hall/room where in the speaker(teacher) would stand in the one end and would be taking classes with the help of a mike. What would be the outcome when this is the scenario?
There is no individual attention. People might get picked up at random for answering the question and most of the time, you may not get the opportunity despite knowing the answer. If stars aren’t lucky that day, you may be asked to answer wherein you wouldn’t have even heard the question properly.
What are the advantages of learning from home?
2. As a result of point 1, you tend to grasp the subject faster.
3. Saving in travel/commute time.
4. As a result of point 3, your energy levels are intact. You are not exhausted.
6. As a result of point 5, you may invest that in acquiring a smart phone or a tab.
7. The combined result of above leads to saving in time, energy and money. What more do you need?
With close to 14.5 million downloads on the Play Store and an impressive 4+ Star Rating, this shows the kind of support and welcome BYJU’s has garnered already.
Some of the advantages of using BYJU’s:
Parental Control – This helps the parents to monitor the progress of their kids on a regular basis. A staggering number of parent’s have admitted that the performance of their kids had improved while studying from home.
My takeaways from this topic:
1. It is not advisable for the kids and the elders to venture out during this time of pandemic unless otherwise required.
2. Kids would feel more comfortable and happy preparing for their subjects at home. Though they get taught by their teachers and parents, an additional coaching would surely go a long way in helping them excel in the subjects.
3. Since experts have prepared and presented the subject in the video format, 10 minutes of video is equivalent to 1 hour of book reading time. This means, subjects can be learnt and grasped faster by the kids making them to read more at a shorter time.
4. The saved time would give the parents the leeway to allow their kids spend the rest of the time on sports/entertainment.
5. A trusted platform is what the kids require. When it allows them to take part in quiz, compete with their friends, these fun quotients would naturally encourage them to do it more often.
6. Parent’s need not worry anymore since the kids are right under their watch. Progress of their kids can be tracked real time giving them the complete peace of mind.
7. Learn. Save Time. Save Energy. Save Money. All these savings can be invested elsewhere making it a win-win situation for all – be it the Students or the Teachers or the Parents…
I would like to know as to why you think ed-tech is essential for children. You may take this small survey by clicking the survey below which would hardly take a minute to complete.