Here is the author interview where I had a chance to pose few questions and got them answered by the author himself. Thank You Thomas.
1. What motivates you to write?
My family, friends, colleague's, loved ones, experiences at job and life overall. Sometimes i sample off of other people's life stories and personal events as well.
2. What were your feelings after publishing your books?
I was excited plus happy even though many of my family members were unsupportive. I still feel a since of pride and I'm grateful to be blessed to write & tell my story.
3. What are some of your favourite authors and novels?
My favourite authors are Langston Hughes, Nikki Giovanni, Richard Wright and Maya Angelou. FBI files on Malcolm X, The Medgar Evers story, Dr. Martin Luther King jr. autobiography and Fatal Impact poetry book by me is my favourite books. lol I'm sorry I love my new book.
4. Do you think writing a book from comfort of bedroom is possible?
Yeah sure why not. As long as you are comfortable and can find personal fulfilment in everything plus anything you write.
5. Where do you write from? Do you go to a specific place, like beach side or onto the hills?
No not really I write the moment inspiration hits. Home, work, even when I'm walking around. Just need paper pen and a brief moment to collect my thoughts.
6. What inspired you to write the books? Any tales to tell.
My Life and the people around me are crazy funny plus cool. You have to find humour in life because things can always be bad but staying positive is essential to happiness plus healthy living.
7. What was your biggest learning experience throughout the writing process?
The marketing it's very time-consuming trying to Market and promote yourself. But it's very much worth it. I'm grateful for my blessings and the people who supported me.
8. Looking back, what did you do right that helped you break in as a writer?
I believe reaching out to The Wave paper located at Far Rockaway Queens NY where I live helped dramatically. Also contacting various bloggers and genuine true friends and supporters like Steve Coughlan, Islam Martin, Beverly Weather's plus several other individuals.
9. Any best piece of writing advice that you would like to share with new or struggling writers?
Stay focused and dedicated and do your research and if you self-publish like me don't allow your publisher to pressure you into spending more money that you don't have. Follow your dreams and live with a purpose and not just for tomorrow.
10. Any future books that you would like to discuss now?
At this moment in time I'm promoting my newest poetry book Fatal Impact. It's a collection of poems such as spiritual, love, death, political and personal. Fatal Impact is available online Amazon.com and various other book retailers so please support it.