Social media platform has always been powerful since it could take the content to the end user in no time. We felt the actual power of it during this Covid19 lock down. This brought lot of brands and celebrities to come up close to their viewers/supporters. People who did not use social media that much in the past have also started using it for close to 8-10 hours a day. Information was passed effectively.
This is where I began to start using TikTok.
If you have heard about the brand earlier, which I am sure you did, you wouldn’t ask me the reason as to why I decided to start using it. I found this platform not only entertaining but at the same time was more socially responsible. For those who did not knew as to what they did during this lockdown, these were some of the activities they did which made a real difference during this testing times.
1. #GharBaithoIndia – A one stop shop for all the information related to Covid19 which includes the likes of Prime Minister of India and other celebrities. When you have established a channel, which gives you only the genuine information, there is no way that you would be misled. This ensures that the users were always provided with the right information, all the time.
2. Cash Donation – Yes. The brand has donated a staggering INR30 Crore to the PM Cares relief fund which would go a long way in fighting the virus in an effective way. Any donation be it in cash or kind is the need of the hour and they did that just at the time when it was crucial. This shows how much the brand loves our people and the country.
3. The brand has also donated equipment to help fight the virus. This includes 400,000 hazmat medical protective suits and 200,000 masks to protect doctors and front line medical staffs in India. The value of this donation is pegged at INR100 Crore.
4. The #MatKarForward activity which they did in by collaborating with Virat Kohli, Kriti Sanon, Ayushmann Khurrana and Sarah Ali Khan has also helped to a greater extent to stop the spread of misinformation.
5. Their #FightTheDarkness campaign garnered close to 700 million views in less than 12 hours of being executed on 5th April.
6. The ‘Kheloge Aap, Jeetega India” quiz was launched to raise awareness and strengthen fight against Covid-19. This saw participation from all quarters with great enthusiasm.
So, when you get to sit at home and enjoy the content in the social media platform like TikTok, it is highly imperative that they did something out of the box for the greater cause. This is what they did that impressed me and made me to decide to continue using them.