Title - Natural Solutions For Cancer
Author - Sudhir Ahluwalia
Genre - Healthy Living & Wellness
Publisher - Self Published
ISBN - 978-9388712439
Health is Wealth, they say. This book talks about the most important factor in a human's life in a very precise manner. I have not read science after completing my 10th standard. However, this book has rekindled my interest on Botany(Plants and Herbs) as it has captured the essence of our day to day in a crispy way.
What makes this book interesting?
This book talks about various herbs and its medicinal use in a detailed way. This is supported by appropriate pictures. Author has taken great pain in collating all the details in one place by way of a book. I would rather call this an "Encyclopedia" since it very much deserves the title and I even thought "Why not this book be adapted as one of the syllabus in the studies of Alternate Medicine?"
The book is divided into two parts namely
1. Fundamental Principles and
2. Select Herbs Used in Cancer
Author through his experience of having served as an Indian Forest Service officer, had gathered all the details for each and every topic and has presented in such a way that you would want to read them all in one go but it is easier said than done. The reason being, to grasp all the contents in the book, to some extent, you need to read the book over a period of at least a week, if not more.
The herbs were given a clear description which includes its botanical name, place of origin, how and where it grows, various uses etc to name a few. Some herbs were used for various purposes and though author did touch upon them, he made it a point that he has not diverted from the main concept "Solutions For Cancer"
The book talks in great detail about Ayurveda, Tibetan Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM), comparison between Herbal versus Modern Medicine, Herbal Formulations and Supplements,Nutrition and Food, Detoxification, Aromatherapy and Massage in Part 1.
Part 2 talks about the usage of herbs in Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine. The book also has covered few Yogasanas since the Ayurveda basically comprises of this which has been forgotten and it is almost treated as a separate entity.
I would like to highlight few points that I made a note of, among some 1,000+ information that has been given in this book:
1. Tibetan Medicine aka Rigpa has elements drawn from both Indian and TCM.
2. Chinese Medicine has 8 branches namely meditation, exercise, diet, acupuncture, cosmology, feng shui, bodywork and herbal medicine.
3.Things we use in our day to day life like Turmeric, Red Chili, Cloves, Ginger, Fennel, Fenugreek, Black Cumin, Kokum contains chemicals that prevent Cancer.
4. Tea and Tea components including a cup of Ginger Tea(daily) are effective in fighting Cancer.
5. Four Tantras of Tibetan Medicine - The Root Tantra, The Explanatory Tantra, The Oral Instruction Tantra and The Last/Subsequent Tantra.
6. Tibetan Medicine has 4 types of therapies - Diet, Behavior, Medicine and External Therapies.
7. Surgery is no longer used in Tibetan Medicine.
8. The Men Tse Khang school of Tibetan Medicine in Dharamsala,India, offers five-year courses in Tibetan Medicine.Men means Medicine Tse means Astrolofy and Khang means House which is known as "House of Medicine and Astrology".
9. TCM has five key organs - Heart, Liver, Spleen, Lungs and Kidney. These are aka Zang Organs. The FU organs includes Gall Bladder, Stomach Bladder, Large Intestine and Small Intestine.
10. TCM has two concepts - Yin and Yang. Yin is dark, cold, passive or female aspect. Yang is the active, bright, hot and male aspect
I am stopping here because the notes I have made would run into pages.
Author has given a clear warning in the very beginning that though herbs are mostly not dangerous, it needs to be taken or administered only after consulting with a specialist. Author has also clearly mentioned that this book must be used only for reference purposes.
My take on the book - It is a MUST READ and if you love Ayurveda/Alternate Medicine, this book would surely help you in all aspects related to Cancer.
This book is available on Amazon in both Paperback and eBook formats.