- What motivates you to write?
To be honest, I express myself easily when I write. Had it not been for writing, I wouldn't have been able to convey anything right. Moreover when people read my poems, they come forward expressing how I've actually put their emotions into words. That serves to be the biggest motivation.
- How did you feel after publishing your books?
I just hoped that after putting up my work in the public domain I would be able to reach more people and that's something I really wanted.
- What are some of your favourite novels and authors?
There is no comparison to be honest, but speaking of my favourite one, I would like to mention one name, Khaled Hosseini. His novels encapsulate pain to which I easily connect.
- Is there any specific reason for naming your novel?
I named my first book, "Dazzled by Illusion" as I felt how everything in this world is an illusion and how we as humans are dazzled by it. Like the book is a collection of poems which expresses different heartfelt emotions and these emotions too are a part of that illusion.
- Where do you write from? Do you go to some specific place, like beachside or the hills?
I do not have any specific place where I go. I just need my space when I'm writing, it just has to be peaceful. Most of the times I write at dusk, sometimes while watching the sun set.
- What inspired you to write the books(in general)? Any tales to tell…
Maybe that's the best way to leave my imprints in the sands of time. Even in my absence, there will be a part of me still alive. As they rightly say that a book is the heart and soul of the author.
- What was your biggest learning experience throughout the writing process?
The writing process has been so beautiful. It has just become a part of me now. I've learnt to connect with myself and express myself better.
- Looking back, what did you do right that helped you break in as a writer?
I did not give in to the cliche ideas that surrounded me, I was always criticized for not being a very social and expressive person. I believed we all are different and so I continued being how I was naturally and that eventually channelized my energy into writing.
- Any best piece of writing advice that you would like to share with new or struggling writers?
I am myself a new and struggling writer but yes I have an advice for all those who are out there, just believe in your work.
- Something personal about you people may be surprised to know?
There's something that would surprise everyone I suppose, that I haven't been a very good reader when it comes to poems. Apart from the poems we read at school, I have not read any and both of my books are a collection of poems.
- Any future books that you would like to discuss now?
I don't have any specific plans as of now. But yes writing would definitely continue and so there would be a new book.
- What other profession excites you the most?
The legal profession is what excites me and that is what I will soon be entering into. As for now I am a law student and soon to graduate.
- Any special mention about your reader (be it with reviews/feedback or anything else)
Yes, I can never forget one thing about a reader which is that she loved every piece of my writing and when I asked her why, she gave a very beautiful answer. She told me that some of my poems made her smile, some made her laugh, some brought tears to her eyes and others made her learn something and that is how she loved each and every piece of my writing.
- Traditional or Self-Publishing? Why?
I have both of my books self published and from my experience it gives the freedom to decide every little detail of the book. It's like you nurture every bit of your creation. Though it takes a lot more efforts as compared to traditional publishing but yet it is something you would prefer if you want a wholly personal touch to your work.
- How is the response so far for the book?
For those who have read my book so far are really touched by my writings and that is the greatest achievement for my book.